last updated May 2023
Snapshot of position
- 4 years clean time
- Has served at least 1 of the previous 3 years as an ARSC participant.
- Is a member of the Regional Service Body of Australia (RSBoA) Management Committee.
- Is a member of the ARSC Administration Committee.
- Attends monthly ARSC Admin meetings.
- May act as RD if the RD position becomes prematurely vacant.
- Under guidance of the Regional Delegate (RD), the AD becomes familiar with and shares the duties and responsibilities of the RD position.
- Only serves one cycle (2 years). The AD is expected to nominate for the RD at the end of their term.
- Receives and reviews ARSC Meeting minutes.
- Receives and reviews All Area minutes.
- Handles requests made by or on behalf of the RD.
- Attends the World Service Conference (WSC), including the Delegate sharing day held the day before the formal commencement of the WSC.
- Submits a comprehensive report on the WSC to the next ARSC Meeting following the WSC.
- Is a World Service participant during their term and participates in Conference Participant activities such as webinars.
- Assists the RD to deliver the Conference Agenda Report (CAR) workshop to the ARSC and assists as many RCMs as possible in presentation to their Areas if requested.
- Works with the RD to ensure regular participation in NA World Services (NAWS) webinars.
- Attends the annual meeting of the Asia Pacific Forum (APF).
- Submits a comprehensive report about the APF meeting to the ARSC Meeting following the APF.
- Makes a report to each quarterly ARSC Meeting.
- Is able to travel overseas; can obtain any visas and comprehensive travel insurance specific to destination.
- When travelling abroad, comprehensive travel insurance specific to the destination is required before departure. Delegates unable to secure comprehensive travel insurance specific to the destination are not to travel on the ARSC’s behalf.
- Ensures the firstname.lastname@example.org email address is kept active, by logging in and sending an email at least once per month.
*This position is funded for attendance at face-to-face ARSC Meetings (See also Travel policy and procedures).