Last updated September 2021
Snapshot of position:
Is a member of the ARSC Administration Committee and also a member of the RSBoA Management Committee if qualification criteria are met.
- is responsible for maintaining the liquidity of the ARSC/RSBoA, ensuring that all times there are sufficient funds available to pay expenses as and when they fall due
- attends ARSC Admin Committee meetings monthly and provides a financial report of the opening balance, income and expenditure and closing balance.
- is responsible for maintaining all financial records of the ARSC/RSBoA using an electronic record-keeping system (Excel at a minimum), ensuring that hard copy records are also maintained for annual audit purposes
- is a signatory to the ARSC/RSBoA bank accounts
- is responsible for ensuring that the ARSC/RSBoA bank accounts contain only authorised users, approvers, Security+ users and signatories
- is responsible for payment of running costs of the ARSC/RSBoA including fund flow to NAWS and the APF
- is responsible for renewing the Association Liability Insurance and Public Liability Insurance policies
- is responsible for seeking 3 new quotations for Association Liability Insurance and Public Liability Insurance policies each 5 years at a minimum
- is responsible for issuing receipts for all contributions
- is responsible for following up any monies due to the ARSC/RSBoA, including from trusted servants, service boards or committees
- ensures ARSC/RSBoA funds are to be used for approved ARSC/RSBoA business only
- prepares a financial report for each ARSC Meeting and sends it to the ARSC Secretary for distribution prior to the ARSC Meeting. This should also include a summary of fund flow by Area and budgets to actuals.
- brings to each ARSC Meeting all Treasury documents including bank statements and reconciliation reports, and provides copies to the Assistant Treasurer before the ARSC Meeting
- as soon as possible after the June 30 end of Financial Year, prepares an Annual Financial Report containing a summary of opening balances, income, and expenditure for each month and the 12-month period.
- following review by the Admin Committee, uploads the Annual Financial Report to both the NA website and ACNC website (with the assistance of the Public Officer).
- presents the annual Financial Report to the ARSC/RSBoA at the September AGM Meeting
- following the June elections in year 1 of the ARSC cycle, works with the Administration Committee and Subcommittee Chairs to prepare a draft 2-year projected budget for presentation and approval at the September ARSC. The current prudent reserve is also reviewed at this time in light of projected annual income and expenditure.
- at a minimum the prudent reserve should cover 3 months of ARSC/RSBoA expenses (1 ARSC)
- assists in any internal audit if requested by the ARSC or ARSC Admin Committee
- works with the Public Officer to lodge an Annual Information Statement (AIS) with the ACNC after June 30 of each year (within 6 months of)
- confirms the appointment of the Auditor at the end of each Financial Year (June 30)
- provides all hardcopy financial records to the Auditor (income and expenditure receipts)
- presents the Audit Report to the ARSC/RSBoA upon completion.
- daily monitoring of the Treasurer service email
- has computer skills in email, Excel and office 365.
**This position is funded for attendance at face-to-face ARSC Meetings (See also Travel policy and procedures).
Clean time requirement – 5 years