Indigenous Vice Chairperson
Last updated May 2023
Snapshot of position:
- Vice Chair is of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island descent
- 2 years clean time.
- Serves a two-year cycle.
- Are considered ARSC participants (in accordance with the Policy and Procedure guidelines).
- Are encouraged to attend quarterly ARSC meetings (in accordance with the Policy and Procedure guidelines).
- Are asked to make themselves available to attend a quarterly ARSC meeting should their subcommittee chairperson be unavailable to attend.
- Assist the Chair with preparation of Subcommittee meetings
- Wherever possible to attend events organised by the Chair (virtual or live), especially in the absence of the Chair
- Have deadly communication skills and be willing to liaise with an already established group of NA members as well as to attract others to the NA Indigenous Subcommittee
- Yarning skills are necessary in the roles of both speaking and listening
- Gain experience and knowledge in a working relationship with the Chair
- Ensures that the email@example.com email address is kept active, by logging in and sending an email at least once per month.
*Are not normally funded to attend ARSC meetings unless the Chair is unable to attend.