Outreach/Fellowship Development Chair
Last updated September 2021
This is a recently updated role of Outreach Chair, and Endorsed March, 2021, and a brief overview follows:
Fellowship Development Purpose
The primary function of Fellowship Development in the Australian Region is to support individuals, Groups or small communities to grow NA in their local community. Fellowship Development also focuses on supporting the growth, unity, stability and recovery of NA Communities in Australia.
Fellowship development includes service tasks such as reaching out to an individual, inviting groups to participate in the service committees, reconnecting with groups that are no longer participating in the service structure, reaching out to an emerging NA community or service committee, and supporting existing Areas to increase their FD efforts.
Successful FD efforts avoid creating a structure that fosters dependency or sets additional barriers for groups having direct contact with the rest of the fellowships service structure. The focus of FD should always remain one of support to foster growth and autonomy of groups whilst providing the services needed for connection.
Snapshot of position:
- experience with Regional or Area FD/Outreach is desirable
- FD Chair shall attend each ARSC or make arrangements for the Vice Chair to attend in their absence
- FD Chair shall arrange and facilitate monthly Subcommittee Meetings at a date and time to be determined by all Subcommittee members
- FD Chair shall prepare a written report for each ARSC meeting using the reporting template
- FD Chair shall maintain the Outreach email account, responding to enquiries as required. The FD Chair should maintain an up-to-date list of volunteers willing to respond to requests from addicts in isolation and should check in with those volunteers on a 3 monthly basis to confirm willingness and availability. This list will be maintained in the Confidential Folder of The FD Documents
- FD Chair shall maintain a list of volunteers willing to support and sponsor for requests that come through and should check in with those volunteers on a 3 monthly basis to confirm willingness and availability
- This list will be maintained in the Confidential Folder of The FD Documents
- FD Chair shall maintain an email list of groups under the FD banner for the purpose of communication between groups and the ARSC. Communication to and from these groups should be similar to what RCM’s would report to and from Area’s
- FD Chair should consider becoming a member of the APF FD Committee to foster strong relationships and assist in sharing of resources
- FD Chair has authority to make changes to the Regional Meetings list on behalf of groups under the FD banner, and will actively assist groups in making their own changes.
**This position is funded for attendance at face-to-face ARSC Meetings (See also Travel policy and procedures).
Clean time requirement – 5 years