last updated May 2023
Snapshot of position
- 6 years clean time.
- Is a member of the Regional Service Body of Australia (RSBoA) Management Committee.
- Is a member of the ARSC Administration Committee.
- May serve for only 1 cycle (2 years) following a service cycle as the Alternate Delegate (AD).
- Primarily responsible for communication between NA World Services (NAWS) and the Australian Region.
- Acts as a World Service information resource to the Region especially in relation to the World Service Conference (WSC) agenda.
- Is a World Service participant during their term and participates in Conference Participant activities such as webinars.
- Prepares an Australian Region report for the WSC and submits this before the WSC report deadline.
- Attends the WSC, including the Delegate sharing day held the day before the formal commencement of the WSC.
- Has the authority to change the Australian Region’s vote at the WSC upon receipt of new information.
- Submits a comprehensive report about the WSC to the ARSC Meeting following the WSC.
- Liaises with ARSC Subcommittees about relevant matters arising at the WSC.
- Delivers the Conference Agenda Report (CAR) workshop to the ARSC and assists as many RCMs as possible in presentation to their Areas if requested.
- Prepares any CAR motions directed for submission by the ARSC and works with the assigned World Board member to ensure these meet all the CAR deadlines.
- Receives receipts from NAWS when Australia fund flows. Ensures these receipts are forwarded promptly to the ARSC Treasurer.
- Works with the AD to ensure regular participation in NAWS webinars.
- Attends the annual meeting of the Asia Pacific Forum (APF).
- Is responsible for communication between the ARSC and the APF.
- Engages in APF business with the interests of both the APF and Australian Region in mind.
- Is expected to join an APF Subcommittee or workgroup.
- Submits a comprehensive report about the APF to the ARSC Meeting following the APF.
- Receives receipts from the APF when Australia fund flows. Ensures these are forwarded promptly to the ARSC Treasurer.
- Handles requests and enquiries from Areas except for those covered by Subcommittee Chairs or other ARSC office bearers.
- Attends as many Area Service Committee (ASC) meetings and general NA functions as possible.
- Makes a report to each quarterly ARSC Meeting.
- Is designated to authorise electronic funds transfer from the ARSC bank account.
- Is able to travel overseas; can obtain any visas and comprehensive travel insurance specific to destination.
- When travelling abroad, comprehensive travel insurance specific to the destination is required before departure. Delegates unable to secure comprehensive travel insurance specific to the destination are not to travel on the ARSC’s behalf.
- Works with the AD to ensure regular participation in NA World Services (NAWS) webinars.
- Prepares a handover document for the incoming RD prior to leaving their position.
- Ensures the email@example.com email address is kept active, by logging in and sending an email at least once per month.
*This position is funded for attendance at face-to-face ARSC Meetings (See also Travel policy and procedures).