04jun(jun 4)1:00 am10(jun 10)1:00 amPR WeekWe All Are PR
PR Week This year’s PR Week is set for
This year’s PR Week is set for 4-10 June 2023.
We encourage every PR area, regional, and zonal committee to commit to at least one activity. We will be offering suggestions; yet, you are free to get creative and choose what may work best for your committee. We are offering a link to PR week for ideas for activities and resources for posters, banners, billboards, etc.
Activity suggestions highlighted below are from experienced members who participate in NA World Services PR web meetings and zonal PR/Fellowship development meetings. Members who generated these ideas suggested that PR subcommittees order Basic Text blue t-shirts that include the NA PR logo or the NA logo on the front, and the PR week slogan on the back, along with your area/regional/zonal website and/or helpline number.
We All Are PR
- Commit to follow up with contacts previously initiated.
- Knock on one new door—reach out to a community provider.
- Have a poster/flyer or pharmacy card campaign.
- Donate NA Basic Texts to local, school, and/or college libraries.
- Participate in community health fairs, festivals, community resource days, pride day, etc.
- Collaborate with another area on a combined PR activity.
- Hold learning days that feature NA Traditions and include helpline, website, and H&I members.
- PSAs and NA Videos for professionals
Many PR members may choose virtual activities. Some of the activity areas can happen online.
Culminate your week with a celebration that may feature:
- PR skits with do’s and don’ts for PR.
- PR speakers.
- a 1K fun walk/run or 5K or 10k fun-raising and awareness-raising walk/run that ends in a park with a celebration event.
- Food events such as a barbeque, potluck, chili cook-off, and so on.
For full details and some past activities suggestions from around the world please visit: https://www.na.org/?ID=pr_activities
4 (Sunday) 1:00 am - 10 (Saturday) 1:00 am
Acknowledgement to Country
NA Australia acknowledges that we meet on Aboriginal Land. We recognize the strength, resilience and capacity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people.
Australia comprises many Aboriginal and Torres Strait nations. We would like to acknowledge all of the traditional custodians of the land within Australia.
We pay respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Elders past and present.