Inner Brisbane Group Support Forum Meeting Minutes
|Location:||Sands Building, 505 Bowen Tce New Farm|
|Host:||Wednesday Night – Rainbow Recovery New Farm – 6.30pm – 7.30pm|
|Date:||Sunday, 23rd February 2020|
|Time:||3pm – 4pm|
|Rainbow Recovery – Wednesday Night New Farm – Michelle T
Foundations of Recovery – Sunday Morning Paddington – Jason B
Spiritual Concepts – Sunday Afternoon New Farm – Mandy K
Topic – Monday Night Newstead – Ralf
Men’s Meeting – Thursday Night New Farm – Ralf
Lunchies – New Farm – Chelsea
Farsi – Wednesday Night Spring Hill – Ali
Life on Life’s Terms – Tuesday Night West End – David
Just for Today – Saturday Morning New Farm – Jane
We Do Recover – Wednesday Night West End – Nichole
Northern Service Board Representative – Jason T
Observers – Joanne, Cameron W and Nichole
Open with service prayer:
God grant us the knowledge that we may work according to your great divine precepts.
Install in us a sense of your purpose.
Make us servants of your will and grant us a bond of selflessness, that no addict anywhere need die from the horrors of addiction.
- Group Report Backs –
- Rainbow Recovery – Wednesday New Farm: Good attendance, rent paid up to date and currently fund flowing.
- Spiritual Concepts – Sunday New Farm: Good attendance despite closure of the room due to flooding and mold. Rent is up to date and currently fund flowing.
- Foundations of Recovery – Sunday Paddington: Good attendance, rent paid up to date and currently fund flowing.
- Topic – Monday Newstead: Good attendance, rent paid up to date, literature order in place and currently fund flowing.
- Men’s Meeting – Thursday New Farm: Good attendance, rent paid up to date and currently fund flowing.
- Lunchies – New Farm: Good attendance, rent paid up to date and not currently fund flowing.
- Farsi – Wednesday Spring Hill: Good attendance, rent paid up to date and currently fund flowing, looking for 12 step poster written in Persian.
- Life on Life’s Terms – Tuesday West End: Attendance picking up, rent paid up to date and currently fund flowing.
- Just for Today – Saturday New Farm: Good attendance, rent paid up to date and currently fund flowing, smoking an issue at front of venue – asked to stand near carpark.
- We Do Recover – Wednesday West End: Good attendance, rent paid up to date and currently fund flowing.
- Group Structure –
It was put to the group that we hold the GSF meeting on the last Sunday of every month at 3pm – 4pm at the Sands Building, 505 Bowen Tce New Farm for consistency. The group voted yes and agreed that this would be the best way moving forward to retain consistency.
The group also voted that we should continue to have the home groups take it in turns to sponsor the cost of the meeting room. I was agreed that GSR should have the conversation with their Home Groups at their next Group Conscience meeting to choose which month this year they would like to support and let the Chair know so a roster can be drawn up. The cost of the room is $10. We have 15 groups in the Brisbane Inner City region so it should work out that you only have to sponsor it once per year. If your group is struggling and would find it hard to gather the $10 please let the Chair know. Some groups may also choose to do a 3-month rotation if that works better for your group.
Saturday Morning New Farm meeting and the New Farm Lunchies have already volunteered and are going to speak with their home group to possibly sponsor the March meeting.
It was also voted that Sonya would continue to chair the meetings if no-one else volunteers and that the Brisbane Inner City Group should have a Secretary to help out with the minutes and reminder text messages. No-one wanted to take on the Secretarial role and Sonya will continue to do it until someone volunteers.
It was voted and agreed that the Chair role should be changed on a yearly basis as to give others the opportunity to give service in this area.
- Brisbane Convention –
Nicole spoke about the Programming Flyers for each home group. Members gave Nichole their email addresses to print out the flyers and distribute at their home groups.
The convention is asking for nominations for both Male and Female speakers.
Also anyone who has contacts with the Jagera tribe to do the Welcome to Country is needed if not someone to volunteer to do an Acknowledgement of country (must be a member of NA preferably).
The next Convention Programming meeting will be held on the 17/3/2020 at 5.15pm at the West End Community House.
- Group Report Form –
Sonya to send the link so the GSR can complete their group form online. Please find it below.
Close with the Serenity prayer (plural)
God, grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change,
the courage to change the things we can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Next Meeting: Sunday 29th March 3pm – 4pm Sands Building, 505 Bowen Tce New Farm
Meeting Host: TBA