Brisbane Inner City Group Support Forum Meeting minutes
Meeting ID: 817 0450 9522
Pass code 847337
Meeting Link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81704509522?pwd=dTdrcUp2MmU0OTVXaXBRNXAyS2srQT09&fbclid=IwAR2T6Rep2N2MWgaiAmc2s0WOU5ke8-9RJt1holkD0bXMqpsjjq7KUWxUvsQ
Sunday 14th Sunday 2021
Minutes: Jason T
Attendees: Louis S; Jason T; Monique D; Varina S; Meredith C, Cameron W; Ash S; Leah C; Lu G; Kris.
Apologies: None known
Agenda: 1. OPEN 1
1.1. Chair’s welcome. 1
1.2. Serenity prayer in the plural: 2
1.3. Reading the Twelve Traditions: 2
1.4. Reading the Twelve Concepts: 2
1.5. Service prayer: 2
1.6. ID of those present and welcome to new board members 2
1.7. Apologies. 2
2. ITEMS 2
2.1. GSR Reports 2
2.2. Contactless 7th Tradition 3
2.3. Literature orders 3
2.4. Positions vacant 3
2.5. Subjects for sharing 4
3. CLOSE 5
3.1. Next meeting 5
3.2. Serenity prayer 5
1.1. Chair’s welcome.
1.2. Serenity prayer in the plural:
1.3. Reading the Twelve Traditions:
1.4. Reading the Twelve Concepts:
1.5. Service prayer:
God, grant us the knowledge that we may act according to your divine precepts. Instill in us a sense of your purpose. Make us servants of your will and grant us a bondage of selflessness, that this may truly be your work, not ours – in order that no addict, anywhere, need die from the horrors of addiction.
1.6. ID of those present and welcome to new board members
2.1. GSR Reports
• Welcoming is good
• 10 – 20 people
• Literature is up to date
• Mitchelton is looking to attend the Brisbane Inner City GSF
• Treasury incoming 7th has dropped dramatically
• Fund flowing $150
2.1.2. Women do recover
• Weekly meeting with an average of 10 attendees
• Numbers have dropped since pre-covid
• Representation of clean time is excellent
• Good atmosphere of recovery
• Donation for rent $40 a month
• Fund flow $37
2.1.3. Friday Night New Farm
• Best meeting in town on a Friday night
• Averaging 30-40 at times
• Large selection members
• A number of dinosaurs
• About $750
• Home group very strong and active
• Putting on a unity day – take the hall on the trinity church in June.
• Pretty strong meeting with about 30 people every week
• Fund flowed $87
• Rent is up to date
• Prudent reserve $50
• Discussion changed to a non-binary structure for choosing speakers
• Meeting going off track or triggering speaker – then we ask a strong speaker next to bring the meeting on track.
2.1.5. Monday Night New Farm
• Average of 17 people every week
• Good home group member participation
• Every home group members gets a job
• Dedicated greeter.
• Fund flowed $200 – 50% to area; 25% to region; 25% world.
• Atmosphere of recovery is pretty good
• Shared sense of community and fellowship.
2.2. Contactless 7th Tradition
2.2.1. Discussion around history of the
• Used to only collect cash
• With the advent of COVID – people weren’t carrying cash and as a result the amount of money collected reduced phenomenal
• Square used to collect is taxable in the name of the person.
• The Australian Region has investigated squares and setting them up for each group.
• Cannot do that as it was not feasible.
• Discussion around the individual group’s usage of square.
• Cannot use the RSBOA’s ABN for square.
2.3. Literature orders
2.3.1. White key tags
• Could take up to month for the white key tags to come to Australia
• Are there any groups that can give white key tags
2.4. Positions vacant
2.4.1. Vice Chair position
• Ash would like to put his hand up for that position
• Sally nominated and seconded by Varinia.
• Voted in.
• Went through the duties of the chair.
2.5. Subjects for sharing
2.5.1. How did we hear about it
• Some heard about it on the Facebook
• Lunchies group conscience
• Virtual NA
• Word of mouth
• Created as a recurring event on the Australian Website
• Should included as an Event on Northern Australian Website
2.5.2. Consensus or voting
• Discussion around how do we vote people in to positions
• There is some confusion around the voting process.
• Consensus based like the LSC.
• What if a person is representing multiple groups
o There are no guidelines or policies around this.
2.5.3. Discussion around groups filling out the Group Report Form
• Link shared with the attendees.
• Take this back to the groups.
• GSRs need to start filling these out.
• There has been only one completed.
2.5.4. Discussion around groups filling out the Group Report Form
• Link shared with the attendees.
2.5.5. GSF Positions
• Ash / Louis chair and Vice Chair is all we need.
• Discussion around What’s App group?
3.1. Next meeting Sunday 11th April 3pm 2021
3.2. Serenity prayer in the plural:
God, grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change. The courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference.