NA Northern Australia Service Board Meeting minutes held on 25th July, 202

Location:  Virtual Zoom
Meeting ID: 487 569 8440
Pass code 865364
Meeting Link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86913016074?pwd=QjVpNFhXektBZUpiTXR3ajU5MFgwUT09
Date:  25/07/2022
Time:  6:30 pm
Facilitator:  Jason
Minutes: Sami
Attendees: Brad, Sami, Jason, John C, Michael B, Meredith
Apologies:

1. OPEN
1.1. Chair’s welcome.
1.2. Service prayer:
God, grant us the knowledge that we may act according to your divine precepts. Instill in us a sense of your purpose. Make us servants of your will and grant us a bondage of selflessness, that this may truly be your work, not ours – in order that no addict, anywhere, need die from the horrors of addiction.
1.3. Acknowledgement of Country
Today we stand in footsteps millennia old. May we acknowledge the traditional owners whose cultures and customs have nurtured, and continue to nurture, this land, since men and women awoke from the great dream. We honour the presence of these ancestors who reside in the imagination of this land and whose irrepressible spirituality flows through all creation.
1.4. ID of those present
1.5. Apologies.

2. ITEMS
2.1. RCM
2.1.1. Brad forwarded minutes from last region meeting to Sami who will forward to the board;
2.1.2. Brad requested $240 to pay for his accommodation for the RCM in September; Michael to follow up;

2.2. Treasurer
2.2.1. Reports are posted on the web
2.2.2. Fund flow was lower than the previous month possibly because June was a large fund flow month;
2.2.3. Townsville accounts are up and running; Monday night having trouble setting up a recurring payment for rent; Michael will look into it

2.3. H & I Hub
2.3.1. Moonyah and HADS rosters are both operational and have face to face meetings tacking place; need more women on Moonyah roster;
2.3.2. SQCC and HJC are visited fortnightly by Meredith; Meredith has introduced step work;
2.3.3. BWCC have weekly meetings and the roster is tenuous as waiting on members security clearance;
2.3.4. Arthur Gorrie needs two more men to establish a roster;
2.3.5. Meredith holds all the H&I literature and can distribute it on a needs basis;
2.3.6. Cabolture needs more women on their roster; Lives Lived Well is running smoothly; John is preparing a loose structure for these meetings as a guideline

2.4. LSC Tasks and Planning
2.4.1. Jason and Meredith have been working on the organisation; the flyer has been done; all speaker and topics have been selected; Elz and Hollie will chair the meeting; the venue has been booked; tea, coffee and refreshments still need to be organised; Jason will put the Zoom invite into the WhatsApp

2.5. PR
2.5.1. John has posters and business cards which he intends to email all the GSFs letting them know and how to request them;
2.5.2. John has requested that Brad find out if the world service board plans on making our literature available on audio for those members who don’t read;

2.6. Website
2.6.1. IT committee is still trying to get traction; next meeting will be either on 31st July or 7th August and hoping to have some traction on getting the website updated
2.6.2. The zoom account is getting more use and is being used on a daily basis

2.7. Board enquiries and contacts – email/ mail / etc.
2.7.1. Emails:

From:

Re:
Jason Notes for next speaker jam
John C. GSF reps
Webservant GSR Report for Rainbow group
Tanya Izatt PR suggestion – Sami to reply and ask if Al-anon have already got this set up in the prisons and if so, could we have some guidance; does she mean prisoners attending online meetings or H&I meetings in prison
AltRCM NA Board June meeting minutes
RCM NA Women’s retreat
Brad Enquiry about next board meeting
Michael Travelling may not be able to make board meeting

3.1.1. Mail: nothing this month

3.2. New Items
3.2.1. Newcomer banners are now with the FSO board and they are in negotiations with the printers;
3.2.2. The board was made aware that a NA meeting may have been recorded and a discussion was held around how this fit with our 12 Traditions, specifically Tradition 12 which protects our anonymity;
3.2.3. Sami to arrange Zoom meetings for PR
3.2.4. The board discussed the need for a literature coordinator which would entitle us to a discount on all literature and would save on postage costs; it was decided that more questions need to be asked before we make a final decision; Meredith will make enquiries;
3.2.5. The board discussed the need to recruit more members to sit on the board; need 2 years clean time to be a member but anyone can come and observe; board members are to take it back to groups to discuss and come back next meeting;

4. ACTION TABLE:

Item to be actioned Person Responsible Due Date Status
Website update Jason & Sami TBA Ongoing
Chase up with Bonnie about the newcomer banner Meredith Next board meeting In progress
Petrol receipts and bank details to be forwarded to Michael Sami ASAP Closed
PowerPoint used at Cairns Unity Day to be emailed to board members Sami ASAP Ongoing

5. CLOSE
5.1. Next meeting 29th August, 2022 at 6.30pm
5.2. Serenity prayer in the plural:
God, grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change. The courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply