NA Northern Australia Service Board Meeting minutes held on 28/11/22

Location:  Virtual Zoom
Meeting ID: 487 569 8440
Pass code 865364
Meeting Link
Date:  28th November, 2022
Time:   6:30 pm
Facilitator:  Jason
Minutes: Sami
Attendees: John C; Brad; Sami; Jason; Nate; Graham; Michael B;
Apologies: Meredith

1.1. Chair’s welcome.
1.2. Service prayer:
God, grant us the knowledge that we may act according to your divine precepts. Instill in us a sense of your purpose. Make us servants of your will and grant us a bondage of selflessness, that this may truly be your work, not ours – in order that no addict, anywhere, need die from the horrors of addiction.
1.3. Acknowledgement of Country
Today we stand in footsteps millennia old. May we acknowledge the traditional owners whose cultures and customs have nurtured, and continue to nurture, this land, since men and women awoke from the great dream. We honour the presence of these ancestors who reside in the imagination of this land and whose irrepressible spirituality flows through all creation.
1.4. ID of those present
1.5. Apologies.

2.1. RCM
2.1.1. Newcomer banner is finally available through FSO and is $20 plus postage;
2.1.2. Region is on this weekend; Michael will send Brad the treasurer’s report in the morning; Brad will add it to the report;
2.1.3. Accommodation allowance is to increase from $80 a night to $110; When the new travel policy comes through Brad will send it to Sami who will forward it onto the board members;2.2. Treasurer
2.2.1. Reports are not completed but Michael will catch up and get them up on the website in due course; there hasn’t been much activity
2.2.2. Money is building in the deposit account so we can afford to fund flow $1,000 – $2,000 to region

2.3. H & I Hub
2.3.1. Meredith and Sami meet via Zoom with Townsville Corrections about going into both the men’s and women’s centers; Sami is organizing members to get form 27a filled in and returned
2.3.2. Chermside Mental Health – Meredith and John went in and held the first meeting which went well; there is a roster until early February; not a typical H&I meeting as they can’t put them all into one room, they suggested that they moved from room to room introducing themselves and seeing if anyone wants to engage; Meredith suggested that H&I go in and do a presentation to the staff so they can pass it onto the clients; its early days and we will see how it pans out;
2.3.3. John is looking for someone to take over his roster with Caboolture; he will stay with Chermside for a while as it is new; he has handed over the lives lived well roster already;

2.4. LSC – Strategic Group Service Planning
2.4.1. Nothing to report this month
2.4.2. Nate to email the flyer he prepared to Sami for distribution to the board members;
2.4.3. Once Jason rolls off the board there will be a reshuffle of the board members and the GSF area they look after

2.5. PR
2.5.1. Not a lot happening in the area; region was chasing up a social media presence but John hasn’t heard anything further;
2.5.2. John will order more stickers that can be placed in toilets etc

2.6. Website
2.6.1. There hasn’t been a lot of update; it’s been very difficult to get any engagement from members;
2.6.2. Jason needs to prepare a procedural document of website updates; Jason is happy to do updates but content needs to be finalized prior to him receiving it; we need to find someone as a backup to Jason in case he gets hit by a bus;
2.6.3. Zoom meeting requests are now going to Sami;

2.7. Board enquiries and contacts – email/ mail / etc.
2.7.1. Emails:

From: Re:
Webservant GSR Report
Australia Post x 2 Mail waiting collection
Morning Miracles NA 9 day 24 hour marathon meetings

2.7.2. Mail: only had junk mail;

2.8. New Items
2.8.1. John would like a PR NA email address; Brad will raise it at region on the weekend;


Item to be actioned Person Responsible Due Date Status
Website update Jason & Sami TBA Ongoing
Newcomer banners Meredith Next Board Meeting Closed
Need for a literature coordinator Meredith TBA Ongoing
Recruit more board members Everyone TBA Ongoing
Flyer about LSC to be forwarded to board members; board members to review Sami Next board meeting Ongoing
Covid restrictions in prisons Meredith Next Board Meeting In progress
Bailey Henderson Hospital need meetings? Meredith TBA In progress
Roll over from Jason Sami TBA Closed
John requested a PR email address Brad Next Board Meeting In progress

4.1. Next meeting: Monday 30th January 2022 at 6.30pm
4.2. Serenity prayer in the plural:
God, grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change. The courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply