Welcome to the Greater Queensland Local Service Page
This site has been developed to enhance NA Service communications in the Queensland Area of Narcotics Anonymous.
Any member can register and contribute.
Please keep in mind that this website is public facing and that content may be read by anyone and content could be seen as a reflection of NA as a whole. Always be respectful and observe the Steps, Traditions and Concepts when participating.
For instructions on using this site click here.
To fund flow to the Greater Queensland Area check bank account details here.
Brisbane Inner City – Group Support Forum
|Host:||Lunchies – New Farm – Weekdays – 12:15 – 1:15 pm|
|Location:||Neighborhood Community Centre
967 Brunswick Street, New Farm, Queensland 4005
|Date:||Saturday, 9th March 2019|
|Time:||10:00 am – 11:00 am|
|Attendees:||West End Wednesday night: Jenny W
New Farm Lunchies: Eliza W
Paddington Sunday morning: Eliza W
Rainbow Recovery Wednesday night: Adam D, Jason T
|Apologies:||Spring Hill Steps and Traditions
Farsi Spring Hill
New Farm Saturday Night Id
Villiers Street Monday New Farm
New Farm Friday Night Discussion
Men’s Meeting – Thursday Night New Farm
West End Tuesday Night
Sunday Women’s Meeting
Paddington Thursday Night
Previous GSF Topics
1. Christmas BBQ
- There was money owing from the BBQ per last GSF.
- Adam has contacted inner city groups for contributions, but unsure if it they were actioned.
- Discussed a gold coin donation may alleviate issues for future events.
2. Brisbane Unity Weekend
- Brisbane convention is rebranded as a unity weekend.
- Is progressing well with active committee members.
- Venue is booked and paid for.
- Committee meeting tomorrow.
3. Local Service Conference
- No further discussion.
- Inner city group needs to organize venue and catering.
- Early may.
Group Report Backs
1. Rainbow Recovery Wednesday night New Farm
- Has a massive 26 home group members.
- Unable to fund flow as a result of the uncertainty around venue.
- Fair atmosphere of recovery:
- Members must be mindful of other members situations.
- It was proposed to only contact members while they are at a meeting so as not to disturb their home life.
- Tradition seven (7) discussion:
- Discussion around the spirit of the tradition and how that applies to subsidized venue fees.
- Discussion about whether a subsidy is an outside contribution.
2. Lunchies – Weekdays New Farm
- Has only three (3) home group members.
- Two (2) of which are unable to effectively serve in administrative roles.
- If the administrative roles of treasurer or secretary are unable to be filled in the next few weeks, the meeting may have to close.
- NA Related Announcement: Members are encouraged to announce the above over the next two (2) weeks in order to rally support.
3. Paddington – Sunday Morning
- Meeting is struggling to pay rent.
- Unable to fund flow.
- Has a good atmosphere of recovery.
4. West End Wednesday night
- Has a core group of home group members
- Good atmosphere of recovery
New GSF Topics
1. Brisbane Inner City Representative (BICR)
- Mikhala’s departure L leaves the BICR service position open.
- Duties include:
- Attend all GSFs and LCSs.
- Type and post all GSF and LCS minutes to the NA Greater Queensland website.
- Facilitate communication with the board.
- Jason T was voted in to serve in this position.
2. GSF Attendance
- Despite regular announcements GSF attendance was low.
- Consider holding on a Sunday before Spiritual concepts when attendance seems to be higher.
- Adam to obtain contact details for the Secretaries of each of the Brisbane Inner City meetings.
3. Next GSF
- Was not discussed.
- To be scheduled in the first weekend of April.
- Jason to contact inner city meetings for a volunteer.
Serenity prayer in the plural.
TheNA Service board support members and groups to carry the NA message across the Greater QLD and Northern Territory. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then contact the board by email or come along to our next Skype meeting.
The board meets at 7:30pm via Skype, the first Monday of each month. Please join us using this link: