NORTHSIDE GSF MINUTES: May 6, 2018
LAWNTON SHOW GROUND: 9:30AM – 11.30AM
Michele – Caboolture Chair
Deebs – Deception Bay Minute taking
Jackie – Nundah
John – Strathpine
Deb – Sandgate
Liah – Sandgate
READING OF CONCEPT No 1
READING LAST MONTHS MINUTES – Accepted by all
Discussion of previous minutes/old business:
- Attending groups only to contribute to the GSF 7th tradition. Current funds held $34
- LSC rep: Rob has resigned as GSR with Deebs as alternate to step into position
- John has tried to contact Kristian of Mitchelton meeting to ascertain participation in Northside GSF with no success
- BBQ: Northside bbq was a great success with roughly 40 adults in attendance and numerous kids. All Northside meetings have received positive feedback and requests for another bbq/activity to happen in the near future. General thanks Northside meetings/members that participated and a special mention to Lisa of Sandgate that came and provided tea and coffee to all.
- Emails need to be forwarded to ALL members in the group to keep messages/information transparent.
Nundah womens: Group is doing well with consistent numbers in attendance. Rent is up to date and group has just purchased some literature to sell. Looking at saving up to purchase a “serenity prayer” banner.
Deception Bay: Group is doing well with consistent numbers in attendance. Rent is up to date and literature stocks up. Keeping funds at community level (activities, etc) until fund flow is clarified by LSC.
Caboolture: Group is doing well with consistent numbers in attendance. Rent is up to date and literature stocks up. Keeping funds at community level (activities, etc) until fund flow is clarified by LSC.
Strathpine: Group is doing well with consistent members in attendance. Rent is up to date and literature stocks up. Fund flowing and has prudent reserve.
Agenda Items/New Business:
- John concerned about structure of the meeting and would like the chair, if raising issues of a controversial nature where they are personally invested, to pass the chairing responsibility over to another member. All members present agreed. John would also like people to be allowed to express issues/concerns without being interrupted or talked over, to allow all voices to be heard. All members in attendance agreed and believe that members need to be able to express opinions and beliefs in a safe/supportive environment.
- Discussion was raised regarding each group’s use of the monies raised from the 7th. All groups are using funds at the local level to carry the message eg literature, area activities. One group has decided to pass funds to the LSC; 2 groups in attendance have decided to hold funds until more information on fund distribution is provided by the LSC.
- Current minutes from this meeting forward to be uploaded to the NA Australia website only AFTER having been ratified by present members of the meeting.
- Meeting Raids: Deception Bay to continue organising meeting raids on the last Saturday of each month. Last month a group of roughly 20 members convoyed up to the Nambour Steps meeting after having dinner at a Nambour burger bar. Fellowship and fun was had by all in attendance. Next raid is being organised for Alexandria Hills and Deebs is currently communicating with Sheridan of AH meeting about a dinner venue that is within close proximity to the hall.
- Deebs communicate with Chrissy of Sunshine Coast about taking on the Caboolture Hospital H & I. North Brisbane is willing to take on the commitment just need to know the details to start a roster of members.
- Northside members looking at organizing a camp. GSR to find out if NA insurance covers private property, as a member has a property available. If not groups to look at venues available and discuss possible dates. Michele to discuss with Gold Coast members about how they organize such events, possibly communicate with World Service.
- Northside members looking at another BBQ as members would like to see this take place every 3 months. Tentative date 21st July, 2018 at the same venue.
- DBay – Salads
- Strathpine – Drinks/bread/ice
- Caboolture – meat/esky/ice
- Sandgate – tea/coffee/plates/cutlery/condiments/fruit platters/bickies and dips
Northside Rep to discuss the following at LSC:
- Fund flow under the new service structure
- Agenda/Minutes/Communication from LSC to groups
- Insurances regarding activities
- What services the LSC provide; phone line, H&I, public relations, outreach and activities.
7th Tradition collected: current funds $54
Next meeting: 8th July 2018
Jackie to chair and Michele to minute.
John to organize venue.