Brisbane Northside GSF Minutes 8/7/18

GSF meeting – July 8th, 2018
Present
Deb (Sandgate), Jackie (Nundah Women’s), Deebs (Deception Bay), Lia (Strathpine Steps),
John (Strathpine Steps)
Apologies : Michele (Caboolture)
Chair: Jackie
Minutes: John
Old business

H and I – Deebs has information on Caboolture Hospital meeting and is wanting to pass this information on to a willing organiser as she is unable to continue to attend the meeting.
Groups are asked to ask their members, if anyone is interested in being the organiser of the meeting. Could the groups pass this information to Deebs?

Meeting details:
Where: Caboolture Hospital Mental Health Unit
When: Last Thursday of the month at 10am
Length of meet: One hour
No. of members needed: 2 (4 is welcome)
Clean time: 6 months for a presentation; all are welcome to observe

Other information
Deebs has a list of names of members who are willing to attend.
Jackie has offered to talk to Drew about the meeting. Drew is the contact at Caboolture Hospital.
Janey (Nundah Women’s) has material (literature) available.
New Business

BBQ – Saturday 21st July, Shorncliffe Pier, 10am – 2pm. All welcome. All food and drink provided.
The event is posted on the NA website.

Catering:
Caboolture – meat
Deception Bay – salads, onions, ice (Bluey + esky)
Strathpine – soft drinks, water, bread rolls
Sandgate – plates, knives, forks, garbage bags, condiments

This event was posted on the NA website and sometime later ‘disappeared.
John to re-post (completed Sunday 8th July)

Group reports
Deception Bay – Literature purchases and donations to Women’s Group and ‘H and I’
Regular attendance of 20 people.
Nundah Women’s – 4 members and regularly has new people attending.
Attendance of 10 – 15 people.
Sandgate – 20 members and purchases of literature. $230 in funds
Caboolture – Regular attendance and meeting is ‘going well’
Strathpine Mon. Steps– 9 members and a regular attendance of 20 – 30 people.
Purchases of literature and approx. $100 in funds. The group intends to fund flow to Brisbane when we have the finances.
Strathpine Tues.Tradition – 6 members and regular attendance of 10 -15 people.

There is a banner of simple NA messages that Deb has accessed.
Please see Deb (Sandgate) for details.

Funds flow of the 7th Tradition was discussed. Some groups are spending funds in their local area (eg literature, meeting lists, events) and are proposing to fund flow directly to the Asia/Pacific or Australian region. One group is directing funds to the Brisbane area. Some groups are undecided.

Agenda items for future meetings are to be requested by the Chair via email prior to the meeting in a draft form. The Chair is to then email members the proposed agenda for the meeting. This is to utilise the time better on the meeting day and to make members aware of the proposed discussions. Members will also be able to raise issues that ‘spring to mind’ on the day.

Funds for GSF – $20 added to funds.
It was decided that only attending groups would contribute $5 to the GSF.

Next meeting – 7th October – John to organise venue. 9.30am – 11.30am
Chair – John
Minutes – Lia

A Concept was read at the start of the meeting and we ended with the Serenity Prayer in the plural.

Brisbane Inner City GSF Minutes – 30/06/18

Hosted by Tuesday Night – West End

Chair – Dave S

Minutes – Bruce G

  1. Open with the Service Prayer
  2. Attendance – Bruce G.(NF Monday), Brad (Lunchies), Eliza (Paddo Sunday), Matty (observing), Peter (observing), Mikaela (SpringHill Tuesday), Adam (Sunday Spiritual Concepts) Cameron J, Dave S (Tuesday Westend)
  3. Service Prayer
  4. Group Reports –
    • Padddo Sunday (Eliza new secretary, Jason B is new Treasurer)  Old treasurer has absconded with the group 7th ($140).  Attendance is small but a lot of rehab attendees.  Plans to purchase a newcomer banner once we have enough funds.  4 home group members. Group challenges – Eliza is feeling burnt out by having to do everything at the meeting.  Seeking support.  Should we accept funds from another meeting? – Suggested that the group follow the  7th Tradition. If the meeting is not sustainable perhaps its not needed.
    • Lunchtime Meetings (Brad)  Brad is the new Treasurer (Eliza is the secretary),  $513.62 opening balance $300 fund flowed to Area.  Closing balance of $213.. in bank account.  Averaging 80 People per week.  Wish to purchase a newcomer banner in coming weeks.  Rent is paid until December. 6 home group members. $24.50 from one of the  meeting day secretaries who has relapsed and hasn’t handed back anything.
    • Sunday Spiritual Concepts – (Adam) Group Conscience last Sunday – Changing preamble about mentioning alcohol. 6 active members.  No rehab members.  Interested in some new banners.  Considering becoming more transparent with group takings announced at meetings.  All group positions filled.  Group holding around $200 (TBC)
    • Tuesday Springhill – (Mikaela) 90 donated to Area.  Literature in stock.  10 home group members.  Forever considering new venues.   Maybe move upstairs. Ali and Mikaela celebrating birthdays on this coming Tuesday. Considering adding Traditions to the agenda.
    • Tuesday West End – (Dave S) 13 ave attendance.  Building under repairs so meeting not happening.  Meeting resumes this week (3rd July).  Strong second half.  No group funds.  6 Active group members.  We have a newcomers banner! Rent is up to date and plenty of literature.
    • Monday night New Farm – Rent is due, $242 in bank account.  Literature in stock.  All group positions filled.  Undertaking update to signatories on bank account.
  5. PR

Plan to undertake PR activity

    • Build database of Organisations who provide services for addicts or who may deal with addicts
    • Email service providers about our services including how to print a current meetings list for their clients
    • Plan Poster Run targeting service providers we have made contact
    • Write funding proposal to the board for the Poster run

Actions – Cam to send database of Medical Centres and Dr Surgeries

Workshop activity – Identify Service Providers

Pindari

Belmont Hospital

New Farm Clinic

Biala

Gladstone Rd Medical Centre

Dr Wendle

Graham Lister

Aftercare Care (Wooloongabba)

Footprints

Indigenous Services?

Parole and Corrections

Commissioner for Jails (Adam to follow up with a contact)

Dosing Chemists

Trivia Night – Benny A considering running a trivia night.  Was going to present here and workshop.

  1. LSC – What happens in relation to Minutes from this event?  Where are they?  How does the board intend to communicate with members? We would like to formally express our disappointment that no information has come back from the Board since the LSC.
  2. Next GSF – Last weekend in July 28th Venue TBA
  3. Back to Groups – Ask for volunteer group members to participate in poster run

NA Northside GSF 6th May 2018

NORTHSIDE GSF MINUTES: May 6, 2018

 

LAWNTON SHOW GROUND:               9:30AM – 11.30AM

 

MEMBERS PRESENT:

Michele – Caboolture                              Chair

Deebs – Deception Bay                          Minute taking

Jackie – Nundah

John – Strathpine

 

APOLOGIES:

Deb – Sandgate

Liah – Sandgate

 

MEETING FORMAT

 

SERVICE PRAYER

 

READING OF CONCEPT No 1

 

READING LAST MONTHS MINUTES – Accepted by all

 

Discussion of previous minutes/old business:

 

  • Attending groups only to contribute to the GSF 7th tradition. Current funds held $34
  • LSC rep: Rob has resigned as GSR with Deebs as alternate to step into position
  • John has tried to contact Kristian of Mitchelton meeting to ascertain participation in Northside GSF with no success
  • BBQ: Northside bbq was a great success with roughly 40 adults in attendance and numerous kids.   All Northside meetings have received positive feedback and requests for another bbq/activity to happen in the near future. General thanks Northside meetings/members that participated and a special mention to Lisa of Sandgate that came and provided tea and coffee to all.
  • Emails need to be forwarded to ALL members in the group to keep messages/information transparent.

 

 

Group reports:

 

Nundah womens:  Group is doing well with consistent numbers in attendance.  Rent is up to date and group has just purchased some literature to sell.  Looking at saving up to purchase a “serenity prayer” banner.

 

Deception Bay:  Group is doing well with consistent numbers in attendance.  Rent is up to date and literature stocks up.  Keeping funds at community level (activities, etc) until fund flow is clarified by LSC.

 

Caboolture:  Group is doing well with consistent numbers in attendance.  Rent is up to date and literature stocks up.  Keeping funds at community level (activities, etc) until fund flow is clarified by LSC.

 

Strathpine:  Group is doing well with consistent members in attendance.  Rent is up to date and literature stocks up. Fund flowing and has prudent reserve.

 

Sandgate:  TBA

 

 

 

Agenda Items/New Business:

 

  • John concerned about structure of the meeting and would like the chair, if raising issues of a controversial nature where they are personally invested, to pass the chairing responsibility over to another member. All members present agreed. John would also like people to be allowed to express issues/concerns without being interrupted or talked over, to allow all voices to be heard. All members in attendance agreed and believe that members need to be able to express opinions and beliefs in a safe/supportive environment.
  • Discussion was raised regarding each group’s use of the monies raised from the 7th. All groups are using funds at the local level to carry the message eg literature, area activities. One group has decided to pass funds to the LSC; 2 groups in attendance have decided to hold funds until more information on fund distribution is provided by the LSC.
  • Current minutes from this meeting forward to be uploaded to the NA Australia website only AFTER having been ratified by present members of the meeting.
  • Meeting Raids: Deception Bay to continue organising meeting raids on the last Saturday of each month. Last month a group of roughly 20 members convoyed up to the Nambour Steps meeting after having dinner at a Nambour burger bar. Fellowship and fun was had by all in attendance. Next raid is being organised for Alexandria Hills and Deebs is currently communicating with Sheridan of AH meeting about a dinner venue that is within close proximity to the hall.
  • Deebs communicate with Chrissy of Sunshine Coast about taking on the Caboolture Hospital H & I. North Brisbane is willing to take on the commitment just need to know the details to start a roster of members.
  • Northside members looking at organizing a camp. GSR to find out if NA insurance covers private property, as a member has a property available. If not groups to look at venues available and discuss possible dates. Michele to discuss with Gold Coast members about how they organize such events, possibly communicate with World Service.
  • Northside members looking at another BBQ as members would like to see this take place every 3 months.   Tentative date 21st July, 2018 at the same venue.
  1. DBay – Salads
  2. Strathpine – Drinks/bread/ice
  3. Caboolture – meat/esky/ice
  4. Sandgate – tea/coffee/plates/cutlery/condiments/fruit platters/bickies and dips

 

 

Northside Rep to discuss the following at LSC:

  • Fund flow under the new service structure
  • Agenda/Minutes/Communication from LSC to groups
  • Insurances regarding activities
  • What services the LSC provide; phone line, H&I, public relations, outreach and activities.

 

 

7th Tradition collected:            current funds $54

 

Next meeting:                                             8th July 2018

 

Jackie to chair and Michele to minute.

 

John to organize venue.

 

Inner City Brisbane Group Support Forum – 14/04/18

GSF Agenda – Saturday 14/4/18

Hosted by New Farm Monday Night Villiers St Meeting

  1. Welcome to new groups and members
    1. David S (Tuesday night West End), Tyson A (Saturday night New Farm), Mandy K (Sunday Spiritual Concepts), Brad N (Lunchtime meetings), Jane T (Saturday morning New Farm), Nicole O (Service Board member and Lunchtime meetings), Rodney H (observing), Tim S (Wednesday night Highgate Hill), Lauren O (New Farm), Malory C (Monday night New Farm), Bruce G (Monday night New Farm), Sally A (Monday night New Farm)
  2. Any carry over topics from previous meetings? (5 minutes)
    1. Speaker meeting on the weekend of the LSC, needs volunteers/support
  3. Group Report form – a way to guide your group conscience (5 minutes)
    1. Demonstrated the Group report form to the GSF and how it can be a good tool for guiding the group conscience. Advised how the form sends group information to the Qld Service Board and helps let them know about issues. Got great suggestions from members on improving the form (examples of other items like PR ideas and H&I ideas)
  4. Trusted Servant Topics: 35 minutes
    1. Who will represent the Inner City GSF at the LSC? (10 minutes)
      1. Mandy K (pending availability) and Brad N with backup support from Lauren O and Jane T
    2. What will we report to the LSC? (10 minutes)
      1. Discussion around how to provide the best visibility was to use the Qld Service Site and the group report forms
    3. Activity – Check Meetings List Accuracy (10 minutes)
      1. Identified a couple of meetings that could use clarification notes. Wednesday West End is actually now in Highgate Hill
    4. How do we get more groups attending the GSF? – Actions? (5 minutes)
      1. Personally approach groups members for other groups to appeal to them to send representation. Rethink Saturday mornings as anyone with kids is usually tied up with extracurricular activities.
  1. Financial Topics (15 minutes)
    1. Discussion on how groups manage their funds.
    2. Accounting/record keeping tools – How does your group keep a record?
    3. How to open a not for profit bank account
      1. Minute the full names of those who will be signatories
      2. Transactions require at least 2 people to process a withdrawal or transfer
      3. Arrange a Saturday morning visit to a branch with all members
      4. Present the minutes (on letterhead paper) to the bank and establish identity of members
      5. Moving forward if members need to be taken off or added this is handled by additional minutes supporting the changes and current signatories (ideally those who are signing off will be able to sign supporting documentation and attend the branch)
  1. Fund flow
    1. Group fund flow has decreased significantly since the creating the new service structure. Point of information to encourage groups to flow funds.  Many were unsure of how to flow them.  Bank account details provided to help facilitate better management of funds
  2. Bank account details for Greater QLD Bank
    1. BSB. 124050
      ACC. 20988136

Provided copies of the Treasurers handbook for representatives to take back to groups and familiarize themselves with recommendations from NAWS.

  1. Atmosphere of Recovery – Discussion (15minutes

“Have you ever thought about how we provide for addicts who relapse?

Our oldtimers?

Our trusted servants?

What kind of impression would a visitor or a newcomer have of our homegroup? What is an atmosphere of recovery? How do we help members who interfere with an atmosphere of recovery?

Predatory Behaviour/Violence in meetings

Children in meetings

Primary Purpose

Useful and insightful discussion.   Support of same sex members suggested.  Emphasis on spirituality and ethical behavior not moralizing.  Personal reflection.

  1. Other Topics

Local Service Conference details

Speaker meeting – hosted by the Northside GSF 

Special thank you to David S for stepping up to take minutes from the meeting.

 

MINUTES…. 3/2/18 CAIRNS GSF MEETING

MINUTES…. 3/2/18 CAIRNS GSF MEETING

Present. Ange, Hamish, Krishna, Tanya, Kingsley, Jan, Neville, Tony, Damon & Ben.
Apologies… Fiona & Mark.

Facilitator…Ange. Minute taker Tony.
Meeting started at 3.30 pm.

1 Serenity prayer.
2. Service Prayer.
3.Approval of previous minutes
4. Any business arising from previous minutes?
New Business
1 Phone line for Cairns.
Discussion about new phone carrier due to NBN rollout in June 18 causing our current phone bill to rise dramatically.
Tony provided emails from “E VOICE “ for a new carrier.
Need to confirm changeover from Telstra to Evoice … 4 – 6 week delay to Port our existing no to new service.
Decided to go with “Evoice” Tony to coordinate.
Discussion about future use of 1300 national NA number. Perhaps enhancing the function of the 1300 number so anyone who calls it gets diverted to a local NA number in his or her vicinity.
2.PR update. Ange … Time for another literature run to the facilities we serviced last year. Ben, Hamish and Krishna will distribute. Tony to procure literature ASAP.
GSF DELEGATE. Ange has rolled out of the position and the Alt is no longer in a position to fulfill role.
Decision… To announce at meetings and see who steps up. Delegate will need to travel south twice yearly and attend local GSF meetings where possible.
Many thanks to Ange for her diligence and effort as past delegate.

3.Tuesday night meeting needs a Secretary and Treasurer. Many thanks to Mark D. for his continued service at group and GSF level.
Saturday night also needs a Secretary and Treasurer
4. Do we want another traditions workshop?
Yes. Tradition 1 on Sat 17/3 at 7.30 pm Venue in town yet to be decided.
Will be a BYO curry night.
5.There was a Question & Answer time re new Greater Queensland Service Board
Tony answered to the best of his abilities.
6. Cairns still has $49.00 in hand from our first traditions workshop on trad. 7.
Decision made to put the money into an “Office Works” printing card, for the purpose of printing our local meeting lists. Hamish to hold card.

Next local Cairns GSF meeting Saturday 7/4/18 at Thomas St. at 3.30 pm.
Meeting closed at 5.15 pm with the Serenity prayer.
YIS
Tony S.

Meeting Minutes

Meeting Minutes go here