Brisbane South Group Support Forum (GSF) – Meeting Minutes April 2021

Narcotics Anonymous

Brisbane South Group Service Forum

Monthly Meeting Minutes – April 2021

Date:  03/04/2021

Time:  12pm

Venue:  Bethania Community Centre

Administration Committee for meeting April:

Position Name Present
Chairperson Sharra Yes
Secretary Kellie Yes

Group Service Representative (GSR) in attendance:

Location/Details Meeting Day/Time GSR/REP
Online/Zoom Just for Today Daily 9:00–10:00am Dee
Springwood Steps Lunchie Mon 12:30–1:30pm Will
Alex. Hills Living in the Solution Mon 6:45–7:45pm Apologies
Bethania Taboo Topics Mon 7:00–8:00pm Kylie
Daisy Hill Spiritual Principals Tue 7:00–8:30pm Kellie
Richlands Give yourself a break Tue 7:00–8:00pm Dee
Acacia Ridge Topic Wed 7:00–8:00pm
Goodna Let’s Recover Wed 7:00–8:00pm
Springwood Topics Lunchie Wed 12:30–1:30pm
Bethania Traditions Discussion Group Thur 5:45–6:45pm Alan
Bethania Literature Study Thur 7:00–8:00pm Michele
Wynnum Thursday Thur 7:00–8:00pm Apologies
Beenleigh Topic Fri 7:00–8:00pm Jeff
Richlands Anything is Possible Fri 7:00–8:00pm
Park Ridge Topic Sat 10:00–11:00am Michael
Alex Hills Literature Study Sat 5:30–6:30
Loganlea Just for Today Sun 5:30–6:30pm Rachel

Order of Business

  1. Chairperson Opens Meeting:
  • Identifies their role in administration of GSF
  • Greets and welcomes all members and observers to the GSF meeting
  • Explanation of basic GSF order of business, meeting structure & suitable conduct
  • Emphasise that this is not our work, we are merely servants of a higher power
  1. A Moments’ Silence
  • To remember why we are here and our primary purpose, ‘to carry the message of freedom from active addiction.’
  1. Service Prayer (encourage all meeting participants to read):

“God, grant us knowledge that we may Serve according to Your Divine precepts. Instil in us a sense of Your purpose. Make us servants of Your will and grant us a bond of selflessness, that this may truly be Your work, not ours – in order that no addict, anywhere, need die from the horrors of addiction.”

  1. Around the room identification of those present at the meeting
  2. Quorum
  • A ‘quorum’ is the minimum number of members of an assembly or society that must be present at any of its meetings to make the proceedings of that meeting valid’
    • Quorum has been set as a minimum of 50% of groups represented by a GSR
    • There are a total of 17 groups in the Brisbane South area
    • Therefore, a quorum of 50% or a minimum of 9 GSR’s must be in attendance in order for each GSF to proceed
    • Confirmation that if a GSR is representing another group because their GSR could not attend, that they are only counted as one vote for the quorum to be achieved
  • Count of voting members (GSR’s) – 10
  • Vote to establish quorum carried – 9
  • Vote to recognise observers – Accepted
    • Sharra – GSF Chairperson
  • Group Consensus reached – Yes
    • Seconded by – Kellie – GSF Secretary
  1. Apologies read out from GSR’s unable to attend
  2. Brisbane South GSF Monthly Group Reports


Daily/Online Just for Today (Zoom 9:00-10:00 AM)
Funds Held $129.70
Attendance Approx. 15
Rent Up to date – paid until June
Other 3 newcomers


Springwood Steps Lunchie (12:30-1:00 PM)
GSR Will
Funds Held $157.90
Attendance Approx. 12
Rent Paid until end of April


Alexandra Hills Living in the Solution (6:45-7:45 PM)                                           
GSR Michele (for Bridget)
Funds Held $175.65
Attendance 15
Rent Paid for April/May
Other Need black key tags and a top up of literature – TBA


Bethania Taboo Topics (7:00-8:00 PM)
GSR Kylie
Funds Held $214.15
Attendance Approx. 8
Rent Up to date


Richlands Give Yourself a Break (7:00-8:00 PM)
Funds Held $186.43
Attendance Approx. 15
Rent Rent is due


Daisy Hill Spiritual Principles (7:00-8:30 PM)
GSR Kellie
Funds Held $177.10
Attendance Approx. 20
Rent Up to date


Springwood Topics Lunchie (12:30-1:30 PM)
GSR Will
Funds Held $157.90
Attendance 12
Rent Paid until April


Acacia Ridge Topic (7:00-8:00 PM)
Funds Held


Goodna Let’s Recover (12:30-1:30 PM)
Funds Held


Bethania 12 Traditions Discussion Group (5:45-6:45 PM)
GSR Sharra
Funds Held $74.00
Attendance 8
Rent Rent due
Other  Needs support


Bethania Literature Study (7:00-8:00 PM)
GSR Michele
Funds Held $215.00
Attendance 10-20
Rent Rent Due


Wynnum Thursday (7:00-8:00 PM)
GSR Jeff (for Leanne)
Funds Held $72.90
Attendance 15
Rent Up to date


Beenleigh Topic (7:00-8:30 PM)
GSR Jeff
Funds Held $190.60
Attendance 25-30
Rent One year rent paid


Richlands Anything is Possible (7:00-8:30 PM)
Funds Held Unable to report due to lock down


Park Ridge Topic (10:00-11:00 AM)
Funds Held


Alex Hills Literature Study (5:30-6:30 PM)
GSR Michael
Funds Held $263.10
Attendance 10
Rent Up to date
Other  Need to do a literature order


Loganlea Just for Today (5:30-6:30 PM)
GSR Rachel
Funds Held $117
Attendance 16
Rent Paid until 28th April


Public Relations Subcommittee
  1. Old Business
  • Brisbane South GSF Treasury Update (Wade)
    • Accounts organised, money in the account (Brisbane Southside)
    • $100 drawn and brought to the GSF for the upcoming Easter event (Easter eggs?)
      • Wade is holding this cash until contacted by event organisers/Syrah
  • Brisbane South NA Easter Event
    • Event flier has been circulated to various members and posted on social media
    • Announce this event in meetings to encourage attendance
    • Observed that this event (Sunday 4th of April) is the day after the next GSF (Saturday 3rd of April)
  • LSC Report (Tor)
    • LSC is held every 3 months – next LSC is in May
  • Thursday Traditions Meeting (Sharra and Kylie)
    • Numbers not good
    • Old format not working well
    • Group conscience held last Thursday to change format and it has gone better as it is simpler
    • The meeting still needs support/numbers; running the meeting at least one more time to try and keep it running, if there are no numbers, it might not continue
    • Option to change to a different day or location not discussed as yet, to be considered by the group members at their next group conscience
  • Other meetings in the area needing support
    • Alex Hills Saturday and Wynnum Thursday advise that their numbers have also dropped, requesting announcements of support at other local meetings
  • Brisbane South Workshops
    • Traditions meeting potentially go into a workshop mode? (Tor)
    • Interest shown by multiple members present
    • Suggestion for a tradition workshop to be done before the GSF each month by OCM’s from outside of the Brisbane South Area (Michelle)
  • Brisbane South GSF focus on Unity
    • Focus on action to bring fellowship back together to carry out our primary purpose
    • Encourage attendance at upcoming Easter Event
    • Future planning on 12 step-feast, maybe consider July/August, take this back to groups to get feedback
  • H&I at Logan House (Michele)
    • No literature was available there at recent H&I
    • Each group to donate some pamphlets?
    • Suggestion that the next people to go there could take some pamphlets from their group as a donation
    • Dedicated meetings list for Brisbane South area to be printed and taken as well
  • Posting of GSF Minutes on Greater Northern Area NA Website
    • Offer to hold a Zoom meeting to show others how to post minutes on GNA NA website but this will be in a month’s time or longer due to personal commitments (Bridget)
    • One on one support can be provided if asked in the meantime (Bridget, or contact Jason Taylor or Bruce Gardiner from LSC or ASC for assistance)
    • Template can be sent by email for people taking minutes to make things easier for them (Bridget)
  • Service Roles at GSF Monthly Meetings
    • Tabled that anyone is able to chair or perform secretary duties at the GSF and that they don’t necessarily have to be a GSR (Bridget)
      • Seconded – Michele (GSR Bethania Thursday Literature Study)
    • If you are unable to fulfil the role you have nominated to fill at the upcoming GSF, it would be greatly appreciated if you try to find someone to fill in for you
  1. New Business
  • Ongoing Agenda Item for 12 Step Feast
    • Will keep item ongoing in agenda so we are able to discuss when it will be scheduled for
    • This will be a 100% free event for all attending
    • Members will be able to volunteer to help organise
    • Jeff would like to be a part of helping to organise the 12 Step Feast
    • GSR to talk with their home groups to discuss preferred time to hold feast
  • Financial Fund Flowing
    • Requests for transparency with fund flowing
    • It was decided that all groups will at their discretion fund flow. It is the groups choice to decide when and how much to fund flow
    • Transparency is achieved when all groups report at GSF and the information is added to the minutes of the meeting
    • GSR to take back to groups to discuss how they would like to fund flow.
  • Victoria Point – New Meeting
    • Wednesday 6pm – easy access for the local islands and is scheduled to fit around the ferries in the area. This will give residents of the local islands access to a meeting
  • PR – Flyer Drops
  • Meeting Audits
    • Meetings are being audited on the NA website to see if all information regarding meeting times and contact details are correct and up to date
    • Ensure each meeting has the correct day, time and contact details
  1. Announcements

Administration Committee for meeting next GSF (MONTH):

Position Name
Chairperson Gretel
Secretary Dee


  1. Close Service Serenity Prayer

“God, grant us the serenity

to accept the things we cannot change,
the courage to change the things we can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.”

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply